The breadalbane.org website is a project of the Breadalbane Tourism Circle, a not-for-profit organisation based in Breadalbane, a historic territory within Highland Perthshire and Stirling.
The 25 member businesses span a wide range of tourism-related activity and, by sharing information, knowledge and ideas in an innovative way, aim to advance Breadalbane as a visitor destination focussed on outdoor activities, local food and drink produce, stunning scenery and a warm highland welcome.
Member businesses include: hotel-restaurants; accommodation providers; food (retail & wholesale) and drink (distilleries); outdoor activities; visitor attractions; information services.
Since its establishment in January 2012 the Breadalbane Tourism Co-operative and its successor, the Breadalbane Tourism Circle, have:
- Developed a brand for the Breadalbane area;
- Established and enhanced the www.breadalbane.org tourism website;
- Introduced and managed the innovative and award-winning Ring of Breadalbane Explorer summer minibus service for tourists and local residents;
- Devised and promoted Walking Rings, Road Bike and Mountain Biking Rings, and Golf and Angling Trails throughout Breadalbane;
- Held tourism EXPOs for tourism-related businesses in the area.
To achieve these objectives, between 20102 and 2016 the Co-operative received funding from a substantial number of public sector bodies including:
- Scottish Government Bus Investment Fund
- Scottish Enterprise
- Perth & Kinross and Stirling Councils;
- Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park Authority
- Tayside & Central Scotland Transport Partnership.
The Circle is a not-for-profit organisation whose aims are:
- to encourage cooperation between member businesses for the benefit of those member businesses;
- to promote member businesses through focussed public relations and marketing activities;
- to promote the Breadalbane area as a visitor destination.
In addition to being a vehicle for collaboration, the Circle is also a consultative organisation representing tourism in the area and working to involve all tourism-related businesses in the area in the promotion of Breadalbane. The Circle is represented on:
- Destination Group of the Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park;
- Perthshire Tourism Partnership;
- Scottish Government Cross-Party Group for Tourism.
The Circle welcomes new members who subscribe to the aims of the Circle as stated above.
Rings of Breadalbane (walk; cycle; golf; angling): Andrew Donaldson - firstname.lastname@example.org;
Food & Drink: Amanda Clark – email@example.com;
Treasurer: Amanda Clark – firstname.lastname@example.org;
Chair: Ken Chew – email@example.com.